Lavender Fan: Try Lavender Oil For These Amazing Benefits
Lavender oil is for those who would like their troubles to go away in a sniff!
Lavender oil is believed to have been in use for medicinal, religious, and other reasons for over 2,500 years! The Egyptians used it during mummification, and as perfume; while the Romans used it for bathing, cooking, and as scent. Lavender oil is said to be the most versatile of all essential oils, and just carrying a little vial in your bag is equivalent to prepping yourself to go to war. Why do I say that? Because whatever problem you have, lavender oil will fix you up! And hey, what bigger problem than going to war? Don’t believe me?
Check out all that lavender oil can do for you:
- Bad for bugs – The smell that makes you go ‘hmm’, makes bugs go ‘eww’. Good for us, because it’s a great way to keep mosquitos, midges, and moths away. And if you do happen to get bitten, lavender oil will reduce that inflammation and pain for you.
- Good for sleep – Rub 2-3 drops on your palms and inhale deeply, for the true lavender oil experience. You will find your mind becoming calm, and ready for sleep. You may also rub a few drops on your pillow.
- Nervous system – Very helpful in the treatment of migraine, depression, anxiety, and emotional stress, because of the calming effect it has on your nerves.
- Acne – Dermatologists and aroma therapists seem to swear by lavender oil when it comes to treating acne.
- Pain relief – A quick and effective remedy for pains caused by sore muscles, rheumatism, sprains, and lumbago.
- Urine flow – Stimulates urine production, helping to reduce hormonal imbalances, cystitis, or inflammation of the bladder.
- Respiratory disorders – The oil can be used as vapour, or applied to the neck, throat, and chest for throat infections, flu, cough, cold, asthma, bronchitis, tonsillitis etc.
- Hair welfare – A useful treatment against lice, dandruff, hair fall, and effective for overall great hair.
- Blood circulation – Lavender oil is believed to lower blood pressure in hypertension cases, and stimulate blood circulation to promote heart, skin, and overall health.
- Digestion – Lavender oil aids digestion, and promotes the secretion of digestive juices, thus alleviating indigestion, flatulence, diarrhoea etc.
- Skin – Its antiseptic and antifungal properties make it a perfect companion for skin care. Lavender oil is also useful in the treatment of eczema, acne, wrinkles, cuts, burns etc.
An essential oil cannot possibly do anything more! However, it’s important to remember to avoid essential oils if you are pregnant, or at the very least, check with your doctor before using them.