Natural Remedies For Balancing Your Hormones
Blame it on the hormones. If you are a woman, chances are those blasted hormones have wreaked havoc in your life at some point in time.During the puberty years, blame the hormones for all those crazy changes when you suddenly develop breasts, go all gangly, and have hair sprouting in funny places. Then during pregnancy, it is the hormones that drive you batty, both pre and post the baby, and are responsible for things like postpartum depression (and the fact that you want to whack your husband, or just about anyone who expects you to be sane at this point in time). Just when you are recovering from that pregnancy craziness, PMS strikes again! And if that’s not enough, the big ‘M-word’, menopause, is waiting to knock you down a few years down the line, albeit temporarily.
Why are hormones important?
Our entire range of hormones, such as oestrogen, adrenaline, insulin et cetera are key for good health, and an imbalance can create overall health problems. The endocrine system controls hormone levels, and several regular functions are impacted because of these being out of whack. Hence, it becomes imperative to balance hormones.
Menopause takes place when your body starts producing less of the hormone oestrogen, and you lose the ability to reproduce. Hormone therapy involving oestrogen and progestin is often prescribed when one suffers menopause symptoms that are severe, but over the years, it has been found to be linked to an increase in several kinds of cancer in women, so now, doctors are slow to prescribe it, unless essential. More and more specialists today recommend that instead of resorting to synthetic drugs to regulate hormones, one should explore a range of natural remedies for balancing and regulating hormones, which will go a long way in resolving the hormonal imbalance.
These drug-free techniques to balance hormones are beneficial, because they help regulate the body without the added pressure of side-effects that almost always accompany any hormone-balancing drugs. Here are the natural tips and remedies for balancing your hormones:
- Start by ensuring that there is emotional consonance, and that you are relatively stress free. Meditating, doing yoga, and other similar mindful exercises help regulate stress and are highly beneficial.
- Experts also believe that processed foods contain chemicals which could trigger an adverse reaction in your hormones, so if you are looking to regulate your hormones, play close attention to your diet and include fruits, vegetables, and healthy fats. Stay away from caffeine and sugar, which only worsen the problem. Good fats help build hormones, so don’t shun them completely.
- Speaking of which, foods rich in omega-3 fatty acids are highly beneficial for those looking to keep hormonal imbalance in check. Foods like avocados, walnuts, seeds, and salmon are all good sources of omega-3 fatty acids, and are highly desirable in your diet, so do include them when you can.
- This, coupled with adequate exercise, will go a long way in keeping you centred and your hormones balanced.
5. Certain herbs like ashwagandha contain properties that make them beneficial for those looking for a hormone fix, so use them judiciously. This herb in particular is good for your thyroid, and helps restore a sluggish thyroid when needed.
Buy it here - Ashwagandha Root Powder
6. In addition to this, getting adequate, stress-free sleep is also essential, if you want to keep your hormones balanced. When we sleep, our hormones get balanced, and there is no substitute for a good night’s sleep.
When you think about it, regulating hormones naturally is not that hard. You just need to listen to your body, hear the right sounds, and act accordingly as and when the need arises. If your hormones are balanced, the rest of your body feels like it has a good rhythm, and you end up feeling happier and healthier, overall.