Rich In Antioxidants: Get Your Glow On Smoothies
Just because your parents aren’t nagging you to eat greens anymore does not mean that you won’t...especially because antioxidants keep you young, boost your immunity, and do so much more. Want more reasons to have a green smoothie today?Get your antioxidants, your daily dose of fruits and vegetables, and not to forget the iron, potassium, and so many other nutrients that you need. Aaaargh! Your body needs so much to stay absolutely healthy, and in the daily rush and grind, it’s easy to forget. With most of us racing against time, we need quick and easy recipes that give us nutritional benefits without spending hours in the kitchen. And what better way to do that than with a smoothie! Here are our top 3 picks:
- 1 small, ripe banana
- 1 cup milk (or a substitute if you are vegan or lactose-intolerant)
- 2 huge handfuls of fresh and organic baby spinach.
- Toss into a blender with the milk going first, then the greens, and finally the fruit.
The Green Glow Smoothie
- 1 ½ cups water
- 1 head romaine lettuce, chopped
- 2 handfuls of spinach
- 3-4 stalks of celery
- 1 apple, cored and chopped
- 1 pear, cored and chopped
- 1 banana
- Juice of ½ a lemon
- A few sprigs of coriander
- A few sprigs of parsley (optional)
- Put water, romaine lettuce, and spinach in the blender.
- Mix well, then add apple, pear, coriander, and celery. Also add parsley now if you want to.
- Blend again, and then add banana and lemon juice for the final blending.
Mango-Strawberry Green Smoothie
- 1 mango, diced
- 1 cup whole strawberries
- 2 cups baby spinach
- ½-1 cup water
- Mix well, with water going in first, then the spinach, and the fruit last.
These awesome ‘fast food’ recipes will provide you with an energy boost, help you lose weight, and give you a ton of antioxidants! Keep mixing, and keep sipping!